I’ve been trying to figure out what to say post-US election, but I find myself uncharacteristically short of words. So here are some words from others that have resonated with me:
- I Rebel by Kameron Hurley
- Here’s Why We Grieve Today by John Pavlovitz
- Margaret and Helen
- Early Morning Thoughts on the Day After by John Scalzi
And some actual, concrete things you can do to help:
- Places to donate. There are more than this. Your home town undoubtedly has organizations and resources that could use some help right now. Google can help you.
- If you write – whether or not you’re currently published – consider this.
- If you see anyone being harassed, help however you can. (This seems like a reasonable strategy.) If you can’t intervene, find someone who can.
- Be public about your position. Be counted.
And remember, we are all in the world every day. Some of us are going to be more vulnerable through all of this than others. We can reach out to people who are more at risk than we are. We can stand up and be proudly inclusive, and live by what we believe. This has always been important. It’s especially important now.
One thought on “Ways to Cope”
This was great to rread